January 22, 2010

just a sound


Many people think that music is just sound. not me. to me music can spark creativity, or it can hold a memory. there are certain songs that are defining parts of my life. when i listen to them they bring me right back to a time and place. for example, the band i am listening to right now is bringing me back to africa. it has almost been a year since i left, and i cannot believe it. starting feb. 3rd i am going to be posting excerpts from my travels a each day. it will be from a year ago exactly. mainly because i want to keep it fresh in my mind.
that just a heads up.
so this band is called the new frontiers, and they are wonderful. i dont think they are very big, and if they are its dumb that itunes only carries one cd of theirs. either way they bring me right back to being on the road in za. its was such a blessing getting to go on that trip, and i cannot think of a better way to spend my time.
read these lyrics and look at the picture. hopefully it sparks something within you as well, if not. its ok. it does within me.

This is the house where you were born
These rooms seem smaller than before
I turned 22 when were you found
Shattered and broken on the ground

They will rob you blind
They will take your peace of mind
And you'll want to run away from here

I know you can't escape from all of your fears
I made my peace with the world and all that it brings
I'm holding my own

We saw a spark within your eyes
Your face reflected in the light
We are all angels in the sky
We are all mirrors in disguise

We will lift up
We will place you on your feet
We will pick you up
We will never let you go

When you want to run away from here
I found you can't escape from all of your fears
I've made my peace with the world and all that it brings
I'm holding my own


go listen to some music....
make your own memories.


enjoy.

-hillary elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment