January 20, 2010

taking a breath


after finishing my first semester i felt a sense of relief. walking out of that building i was not ready to go back. my break consisted of anything but art, and even christmas provided a lack of art atmosphere. it was not a bad thing though. getting such great grades after a semester of busting my ass made it all worth it. even though my break was a month long, and i did miss my roommate and a some of the people here like crazy, it felt like only a second had gone by.
the drive back with my mom made me realize that for all the places i have been and things i like to do, maybe its time to just be in cincinnati for a while. that of i am just terrible at staying in one spot. it has always been my dream to be in a big city, and work in an art studio. but that might not be whats is next for me. i am excited to say that being back in the art classes here has been wonderful. with 3d design to work on rather then 2d it has been exhilarating. my new drawing prof is great, and even though its not exactly what i had in mind, i know this is where God wants me. at least for this semester.
i think this is good for the understanding of a wrapping up of last semester and a lead into the next.
so take a breath, and...


enjoy.
-hillary elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment